If you have never encountered the Jug breed before, you may be wondering why anyone would want to cross the Jack Russell Terrier and Pug breeds.
The reason for crossing any two breeds of dog is simple – to create the ideal combination of physical and temperamental characteristics.
In crossing the Jack Russell Terrier and Pug breeds, you are left with a small-breed dog that is ideal for apartment life as a companion pet.
Jugs typically exhibit a combination of the best characteristics for both breeds, including the following:
• Small size from both Jack Russell and Pug breeds
• Smooth, short coat of the Pug (may be a little longer depending on Jack Russell parentage)
• Affectionate and friendly with family (combination of both breeds)
• Very intelligent and trainable — from the Jack Russell breed
• Loving disposition, craves time with family from the Pug breed
• Some level of hunting instinct from the Jack Russell breed
• Attractive combination of colors from both breeds
As is true with any dog, regardless whether it is a purebred or a hybrid breed, the individual characteristics and temperament may vary depending on parentage and breeding.
With Jugs, the physical characteristics in regard to the facial and body structure as well as coat length and color can vary greatly from one litter to another.
In terms of personality and temperament, however, the Jack Russell and Pug breeds are fairly compatible so a Jug will exhibit the best qualities of both breeds.
UK Jug Breeders
Address: The Dairies
Telephone: 01522 789 191
List of Breeders of Jugs
Are you a breeder of Jug dogs?
We are seeking to list responsible breeders in order to help our readers who are searching and looking to buy a Jug (cross between a Jack Russell Terrier and a Pug).
Just send us an email to email@example.com so we can get you listed in our breeder directory, you can be in any of the United States or even internationally such as the United Kingdom, Australia, South Africa – literally anywhere in the world and we will list you.